Sneeuwbal Winter Festival 2017: THANK YOU!
Sneeuwbal (meaning: snowball) Winterfestival is a city-centre wonderland for electronic music lovers. A techno, techhouse, deephouse and house soundtrack provides the perfect party backdrop to a whole world of snow-themed fun in the very heart of Utrecht.
Four stages of international names and up-and-coming DJs embody a decidedly Dutch vibe. Meanwhile, with more side-entertainment than you could ask for and an encouraged dress-code of ski wear, Sneeuwbal has fast become one of the most distinctive festivals in northern Europe.
Are you sure you are prepared for coming winter?
Place & time
The citypark 'Park Transwijk' in the heart of Utrecht will transform into the winter wonderland of Sneeuwbal Winterfestival.
We will start at 14:00 (2pm) and continue up till 23:00 (11 pm),
Would you like to show us your winter moves? You can when you are 18 or over.
You might be asked to provide a valid photographic ID on entry. Make sure you carry this with you. Acceptable forms of ID: Passport, Identification card (including proof of age cards with the PASS hologram) and Driving licenses.
Sneeuwbal Winterfestival takes place in the middle of winter. Areas are covered and heated, but there is a lot to do outside too. It is therefore smart to put on multiple layers of clothing that you can take off when needed. You can store these in lockers (safe boxes).
No Sneeuwbal Winterfestival without the funniest, craziest winter outfits! Ask your grandmother to knit a scarf, score that awsesome gloves, lend the hat of your sister and get that ski suit back from the attic.
Note: this is a winterfestival, so dress warm! It might be freezing...
Where can I buy the official Sneeuwbal Winterfestival tickets?
Where can you buy the official Sneeuwbal festival tickets? We recommend to only purchase them via Your Ticket Provider (single tickets) or Festicket (packages, see below): these are the official ticketing partners of Sneeuwbal Festival. Click here and order your tickets.
Do you live abroad? Festicket, our official travel partner, has created festival packages including tickets and accomodation, and will help you with your local travel/flights! Click here.
How can I order tickets with accommodation if I live abroad?
Do you live abroad? Festicket, our official travel partner, has created festival packages including tickets and accommodation, and will help you with your local travel/flights! Click here for an overview of their packages or contact them for questions and special requests:
Festicket: firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)20 3397 1847
I have a question about my ticket. Where can I ask my question?
Please contact Your Ticket Provider or Festicket, depending on where you have bought your tickets.
Your Ticket Provider: email@example.com / +31 30 204 02 58
Festicket: firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)20 3397 1847
What is the minimum age?
The minimum age of Sneeuwbal Winterfestival is 18. This means you must be 18 or over to enter the festival ground.
You might be asked to provide a valid photographic ID on entry. Make sure you carry this with you.
Acceptable forms of ID: Passport, Identification card (including proof of age cards with the PASS hologram), Driving license.
Are there special festival buses traveling to and from the festival?
There are no special festival buses traveling to and from this festival. But.... Park Transwijk is easily accessible by using the overground from Utrecht Central Station.
Are you staying in another city? Catch the train to Utrecht Central Station first!
Follow the signs 'Jaarbeurs' to leave the station at the correct exit. When arriving at the stairs towards the big square, look to your right: you will see a small platform from which the overground departs.
Both sides will bring you to the stop 'Vasco da Gammalaan', where you will have to get off and walk the last bit (5 minutes): walk back, cross the road and enter the park.
Rather take the bus? Bus 63, 65, 74 and 77 (all heading towards Nieuwegein or IJsselstein) will bring you to the same stop: 'Vasco da Gammalaan'.
What are the payment methods at Sneeuwbal Winterfestival?
At the festival site you are able to use a debit card (Maestro) and cash. Please note that you will have to bring euros with you: there is no exchange office present (there is one at Utrecht Central Station though).
Be also aware of the following fact: there are no ATM machines at the festival site, although some facilities will require cash money. For example, buses / parking / lockers if not yet bought online, merchandise / items at the festival markets, and taxi's.
For purchasing drinks and food you will be able to buy festival tokens at the cash registers (Follow signs: 'Munten' or 'Muntenkassa')
Can I pay by card at Sneeuwbal Winterfestival?
There are no ATM machines present at the festival site. This means you will not be able to get any cash money, but you will be able to get festival tokens by using your debit card (Maestro). With these tokens you can pay for food and beverages.
We reccommend you to bring some cash with you beforehand. for some facilities will require cash many (f.e. buses, parking, lockers, merchandise and taxis).
Make sure you have arranged your ride home already or safe some cash money, just in case.
Are there lockers to store my stuff?
There will be many lockers on site. You are able to store your warm clothes and other items in it during the festival, and open and close it when needed.
It is best to arrange your safe box beforehand. Go to our ticketpage and click on the orange button with 'bestel nu' or 'order now' (you do not have to select an amount of festival tickets). You will now see the optional options. Choose the amount of lockers you want to use and your pament method - and finish your order as required.
You will receive your safe code about 1 -2 days before the festival takes place.
WARNING: it is not possible anymore to order your lockers beforehand! We advise you to arrive at the festival on time to arrange on of the final lockers (€7,-).
Is there a dresscode?
The dresscode of Sneeuwbal Festival is Winter! So... put on your nicest, funniest, coziest winter outfit and start partying!!
What am I allowed to bring?
What are you allowed to bring?
Deodorant sticks, sun screen and similar products are allowed, but only when still in the original, closed packaging.
Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company branded and no hard flag poles)
Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices, mobile phones, GoPro's & disposable cameras
NOTE: You are not allowed to bring anything with which you can harm another
Drugs (Zero drugs policy is active)
Outside food and beverages (including alcohol and candy)
Aerosols (like your favourite deodorant) and perfume bottles
Opened bottles containing liquid (f.e. sun screen. This is only allowed when still in the original, closed packaging)
Glass, plastic bottles, tin cans, cups or coolers
Fireworks, weapons of any kind - including pocket knives and pepperspray - or other dangerous items.
Umbrella's, buggy's, chairs, benches tents
Am I allowed to bring a umbrella?
Before you will make your friends dodge whilst dancing (auch!), we would like to tell you that you cannot bring an umbrella to the festival. If you would feel any rain drops, you could go fetch a poncho at every bar.
In case of snow, either start a snow fight or stay inside the heated areas to keep yourself warm and cosy.
Am I allowed to make pictures?
Of course you are allowed to go wild in documenting your festival experience by using your own camera, but please leave your professional equipment at home (f.e. a reflex camera): these are not allowed on the festival ground. No worries... we will make sure our professional photographers will shoot some beautiful pictures of the event.
Digital photo/video cameras, mobile phones, disposable cameras and GoPro's can be brought inside!
I am a journalist/photographer/blogger and I would love to visit the festival. Can I receive a press pass?
Would you like to visit the festival for professional reasons? Send us an e-mail by using the contactform 'press' on this site (contact). Fill in all fields and make sure you explain your plans regarding to the outcome clearly. You will receive a reply as soon as possible.
May I leave the festival and return later?
Unfortunately, you are not allowed to leave the festival site, only to return later that day. Don't worry: all necessary facilities will be provided at the festival.
What if I'm using some medicins or have a food allergy?
Send us a mail (email@example.com) with an explanation of your situation and a medical statement. You will most likely receive a message back with permission to bring your medicin / some food under certain conditions with you to the festival.
I'm breast feeding. Can I pump breastmilk at the festival?
Do you breastfeed? At the First Aid you will be able to pump breastmilk privately, but please note: there is no cooling available.
I'm a talented DJ and would like to be part of the festival. Can I send a demo?
There is no talent area at this festival. Nevertheless, we receive a huge amount of demo's throughout the year, which has made it impossible for us to process any more. Demo's will therefore not be taken into our database.
House regulations Sneeuwbal Winterfestival
Did you purchase a ticket for this festival? By doing that, you have simultaneously agreed to follow a couple of rules and general conditions that apply before and during the festival. These help us to assure safety and an amazingly fun experience to all visitors and involved parties. Please read the rules of Sneeuwbal Winterfestival below:
House rules Sneeuwbal Winterfestival
- Make sure you possess a valid ticket when you arrive at the festival site! How will you be able to know? Well, whenever you have purchased it at Your Ticket Provider or Festicket, you will be sure. Using any other sales channel will be your own responsibility: chances are that you own an invalid ticket and will not be allowed to enter the festival.
- Are you 18 or above? This is the minimum age of Sneeuwbal Winterfestival. When asked, you will have to proof this by using a valid ID (no copies).
- Show us what you are bringing with you! At the entrance we will check if no one has brought anything what isn't actually allowed to be brought. If someone of our staff asks you to, show whatever is in your bag, jacket and pockets, and give security the chance to search your clothing. In case of the latter, you are allowed to ask for a male or female security guard.
- Did you drink alcohol beforehand? When you arrive and you appear to be drunk and disorderly, we will not let you in. It won't be possible to ask for a refund.
- Do not bring any kind of weapon. Everything we find, including items that look like weapons or can be used like one, will be taken from you. If this item is mentioned in the Dutch Weapons and Ammunition Act, we will be obliged to hand you over to the police.
- Leave any kind of narcotics, drugs and hallucinating assets at home. A Zero-Tolerance policy applies once inside the festival, wich means you are not allowed to use, deal or adapt it. The police will be involved when your actions are in conflict with the Dutch law.
- Outside food and beverage are not allowed in, unless this has been explicitly arranged with the organisation beforehand. We will make sure there are enough food and drinks available to get through the day.
- Be kind to our staff! They are doing their utmost to make sure you are having a good time and safety is guaranteed. Do not offend them (or other visitors for that matter) and always follow their instructions.
- You are not allowed to swim in the water at or next to the festival site. We mention this, for we need to make sure you will not overcool.
- Are you or have you been involved with violent or threatening situations? In that case we are not allowed to either let you in or let you stay inside. If this is the reason you are required to leave the festival site, police will be warned. It won't be possible to ask for a refund.
- Visiting the festival will be your own responsibility. If you are injured or suffer material/immaterial damage, the organisation, staff and owners of the ground can not be held responsible.
- Let us know when something goes wrong! We are able to make sure the police, first aid / ambulance or fire department are quickly on site and we even have certain tools and devices of aid available ourselves. In case of calamities, we will always warn the police.
- Is there an emergency? Please follow all orders of staff and authorities.
Check out the terms and conditions of XSENSE B.V.: CLICK HERE
I have a food concept, can I email you?
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your food concept, photo's and a Facebook and website link.
When we are interested, we will contact you!